Sunday 22 June 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

So I thought I'd share with you a chocolate chip cookie recipe that I've been using quite a lot lately. Its the first cookie recipe that I've used that's actually worked really well, which I'm very happy about. Often when you make cookies they turn out too cakey or too hard, but these ones always turn out perfect. I've made this recipe three times now and each time the cookies have turned out slightly different, I'm not sure why, but the last time I made them was definitely the best so I'll use the same exact measurements I used then. They turned out nice and thick and soft but still cookie tasting.

Ingredients:

225 grams plain flour
170 grams sugar
200 grams unsalted butter
2 tablespoons vanilla sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 large egg
Roughly 50 grams of dark chocolate broken up into small pieces

1. Mix together the flour, sugar, vanilla sugar and baking powder together in a large bowl. Then add the butter and egg and mix well with a whisk or with your hands. I don't have a whisk so I use my hands (it's great to lick the dough off your fingers!) Finally, add the chocolate pieces and mix them in.


2. You can now chill the dough if you want, but I'm too impatient so I bake them straight away. Preheat the oven to 200 C and then spoon the cookie dough into small blobs onto a baking tray. Make sure to leave enough space as they will spread quite a lot. Then bake them for roughly 10 minutes. If you want them to be hard leave them in for longer, but I like them soft and chewy on the inside so the less time the better. The first time I left them in for around 14 minutes and they spread a lot more and became thin and looked more like cookies, however they were quite hard.



There you go. This recipe doesn't take very long, the cookies are delicious, and it's so easy, the only challenge will be not eating them all at once! Comment if you have any cookie recipes or cookie making tips you want to share. Now I have to go for a run, since I've eaten way too many of these today. Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment